Apply For Social Security Benefits
You can apply for Social Security Disability Benefits by:
- You can go to your local Social Security Administration office and file.
- To find a local office near you call 1-800-772-1213 or
- go online at www.socialsecurity.gov/locator
- You can apply online at www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability
- How long does it take to get notified of a decision about disability benefits?
- It typically takes the Social Security Administration 3 to 5 months to make an initial decision. It can very defending on several factors, put primarily on:
- The nature of your disability;
- If your claim is randomly selected for quality assurance review of the decision;
- If denied, we suggest you contact this firm to discuss representing you during your appeal of this decision to be heard at a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.